The July 2020 Movere release brings an updated Movere Console and numerous new features to the Movere Website. Please see below for more information on the new features, and kindly take note of two important items regarding the release:
- All data processing has resumed at this time and any data uploaded to Movere during the update window should now be visible on the website. Please reach out to Support with any questions or concerns.
- The new Console should be manually installed, rather than automatically updated, to use the console features highlighted below. Customers should manually uninstall the previous Movere Console via Add/Remove Programs and re-download the newest version of the Console from their tenant. However, customers can continue to use the previous Console version as needed.
Movere Installer version 18.104.22.168:
The latest Movere Installer address a bug in the Movere.UpdateService.exe that resulted in custom Console configurations, (such as CollectSQL = true), to reset after a scan. Version 22.214.171.124 of the Installer also provides option for customer to enable or disable the automatic updating service during installation:
Movere Console version 126.96.36.199:
The latest version of the Movere Console includes several new features designed to streamline configuration and deployment, including:
- An option to upload all payloads to the cloud via the Console itself, and not directly via the target devices. The tab has been renamed to Uploading Scans and now allows a user to specify if they want to upload payloads directly via the Console when automatically uploading. Selecting Yes will result in the Bots first attempting to upload to cloud direct from endpoints; if that fails, Bots will still revert to uploading through the Console. If selecting No, Bots will skip any attempt to upload directly to the cloud via the endpoints, (all Bot config files will have the Movere API URLs removed). This option will be disabled and switch to No if automatic uploading is disabled in the first option:
- The Console will also generate a confirmation if selecting No to uploading all payloads directly to the cloud from the target devices, as uploading all payloads through the Console can result in large network traffic on the Console device:
- Users can now specify if they want to collect SQL ARC data directly from ARC tab in the Console. This setting will update the ARC2 and ARC4 config files and applies to Windows ARC scans only; Linux ARC scans will always attempt to scan SQL:
- The PassPhrase is now automatically set in the Bot2 and Bot4 config files, as well as the Movere.Service.exe config file during installation. Users no longer need to manually set the PassPhrase if deploying the Bots manually or via a third-party tool/script, (Movere does not leverage the PassPhrase if scanning from Console):
- Direct links to the required Office 365 modules have returned to the Office 365 tab. These modules should not be found online, as newer versions are available that support MFA and Movere does not support MFA at this time. Thus, these modules must be installed on the Console device to successfully scan O365 with Movere:
- As Movere supports only one Linux account, (either username or SSH Private Key), the Console will now throw a warning if a user tries to enter more than one Linux credential:
- Links to applicable KB articles are now included on certain tabs:
Multi-User Interface (MUI):
The Movere MUI has been updated with several features that enhance customer control and provide greater options for exporting data:
Emulating and Exporting Data
The Exports tab is now visible to all users by default, allowing all users to leverage the Export API for customers who have enabled it (see below for more information):
Furthermore, enabling exporting for a customer tenant now impacts both access to the Exporting API and the ability to export data to .csv from a customer tenant.
Exporting can only be enabled by customer admins users via their Tenants tab, (the option to enable exporting is no longer visible to partner admin users). However, export functionality will continue to be available on all customer tenants where exporting was enabled prior to the release. Microsoft and Partner users who had access to tenants with exporting enabled prior to the release will be able to export data as needed (though this will not extend to Partner or Microsoft users who were added to those tenants after the release). Microsoft and Partner users who had access to tenants where exporting was not enabled prior to the release must be granted export access after a customer admin user enables exporting for their tenant:
Once Exporting is enabled, customer admin users can grant Partner, Owner and Program users the ability to export data for their tenant via the Grants icon on the Stats tab. In order to export data from a customer tenant, Owner and Program users must first be granted the ability to emulate by a customer admin user, (Partner users are granted emulate access to their customer tenants by default):
This update allows customer admins users to grant two separate levels of access to Partner, Program, and Owner users, granting either emulate or emulate and export access.
Any user granted emulate access will see the customer tenant on their Stats tab and will be able to emulate the customer's data. However, users with only the emulate grant will not be able to export data to .csv within the customer tenant:
When exporting is enabled for a tenant, the export to .csv icon will appear automatically for all Customer users, and any Partner, Program or Owner users who have been granted both emulate and exporting grants to the tenant.
Azure Region Configuration
The Azure region is now configurable on both the Export tab and within the Azure Migrate integration. Changing the Azure region in either location will update all Azure sizing and pricing recommendations to calculate based on the available offerings in that region. Once changed, Movere will save the new region as the default:
Only customer admin users can configure the Azure region on both the Exports tab and the Azure Migrate integration. Any changes to the default region will apply to all users with export access to the customer tenant, so any data exported via the API by Partner, Program, and Owner users with export grants will reflect the region as specified by the customer.
Data Processing Management
Customer Admin users can now pause data processing for inventory and ARC, (this option is no longer visible to Partner users):
Admin users from any tenant can now delete users from their respective tenant. Admin users cannot delete users to any other tenant if even have visibility, (i.e. Partner users cannot delete users from customers tenants they have access to):
Mobile Phone Change
This release addresses a bug preventing users from changing the mobile phone number associated with their Movere user account. Users can now update their mobile phone number directly from the profile tab:
Movere's Azure recommendations have been updated with greater sizing and pricing options, reflecting the most currently available offerings in all regions.
New Azure sizing and pricing options enable users to explore the Azure costs of software assurance (SA) and SQL Server:
Movere will also update recommended Azure profiles to those that support Reserved Instances when setting the pricing commit to 1 or 3-Year All Up Front Reserved:
In addition, AWS sizing and pricing recommendations have been deprecated:
User Interface Improvements:
- A new Edit Report interface provides users greater visibility and management into the data visible on each Movere view:
- Device and User tags will now display the number of devices/users they are assigned to. Additionally, Movere will prevent any tag that is currently in use from being removed, ensuring no accidental loss of data tagging: