Movere can scan devices that are not connected to a domain by targeting the devices using:
- Short Name
- IP Address
For a small number of devices, the best way to run a scan directly against the non-domain joined devices is to add each machine's IP address into the console individually. To do this:
- Configure a "First Scan" in the console.
- Select Specific Devices from the drop down menu.
- Enter each IP address individually on the Windows Devices or Linux Devices tab.
- Enter a value into the Domains tab (although this scan is for non-domain devices, Movere needs an entry in the Domains tab in order to know which credentials to leverage when scanning these servers).
- Manage Credentials tab, you will enter the credential(s) you are using to scan these servers, and you will map them to the domain entry on the Credential Mapping tab.
For a larger number of non-domain devices, the most effective way to reach these for scanning would be to create a Custom Rescan File as documented here: https://support.movere.io/hc/en-us/articles/360001804568-Creating-a-Custom-Rescan-File.