We are incredibly excited to now provide infinite tagging on devices and users, as well as a new version of the console with greater support for SQL Server 2008, Office365, and Lync. In addition, we are updating ARC scanning to provide greater data detail and increase ability to self-remove from customer's environments. We have also snuck in two additional updates! We now support SQL Server licensing on Linux, (including SQL Server 2017), and have linked AD and Office365 data! Read below for all the awesome details.
Using the same Device and User tagging interface, infinite tagging allows multiple tags to be assigned to any given device or user. These tags will continue to carry across all Movere visualizations, allowing Movere users to filter on any combination of tags at any time.
Applying tags to individual devices or users:
First, create the tag(s) as you have traditionally done. Then, double-click in the Tags cell for the given device:
A list of all available tags will appear in a drop-down menu:
Once you select the first tag, double-click in the Tags cell a second time to apply a second tag:
Note: you will not be able to select a tag that has already been applied.
To remove a tag, double-click in the Tags cell and click the “x” icon next to the tag(s) to be removed.
Once all tags are added, click the Reload icon in the top right corner to save all tags:
Using bulk tagging to apply multiple tags:
Enter the bulk tagging search criteria in the search window and, once the search is complete, click the bulk tagging option in the right-hand corner:
Using the Tags option in the Bulk Update window, select the tag(s) you want to apply. You will have the option to either Add or Remove tags:
To add tags, simply select the tag(s) you want to apply from the Add field. Remember, you must first create a tag before it will be available in the bulk-tagging window, (detailed instructions on creating tags can be found here).
Adding tags will apply the chosen tags to the selected devices or users. Movere will not add a tag to a device or user if that tag is already assigned to the device/user.
To remove tags, select the tag(s) you want to remove from the Remove field. When removing tags, Movere will only remove the selected tags where present; any tags not selected for removal will remain.
Click Save to apply the tags and remember to click the Reload icon in the top-right corner of screen to update the tags across the rest of Movere.
Once infinite tagging has been applied to your environment, you will be able to use the Tags option to filter across the tags you applied:
When clicking Tags, a list of all available tags will appear. To filter on a tag or set of tags, simply click the tag(s) and select the green check-mark to apply the filter:
Filtering multiple tags will return all devices/users that have any or all of the selected tags. In the example above, the filter will return devices that have one, two, or all three of the selected tags:
NOTE: using the Tags column to filter on multiple tags will only return an exact match for the tag combination selected. For example, if we filter on the tag “Tag1, User” using the Tags column, Movere will only return all devices that are tagged as exactly “Tag1, User”, which returns one device:
Please note: there will be no loss of tags for existing customers as part of this release. Once the release is complete, existing customers will be able to make use of Infinite Tagging using the tag(s) they have already created.
Movere Console (version 126.96.36.199)
- Increased Support for SQL Server Scanning: We have fixed an issue with Variable Character Field impacting Movere's ability to gather database information from SQL 2008 R2 instances.
- Automatic Termination of Previous ARC Scans: With this release, the console will now automatically stop a existing ARC scan when a new ARC scan is started. As part of the new scan, Movere will first check to see if a previous ARC scan is running and, if so, Movere will terminate the previous scan as part of starting the new scan.
- ARC Payload Timestamps: We have updated the timestamp on ARC payloads to include the exact second the payload was generated. Before this release, the timestamp only contained the hour and minute of generation. Adding detail down to the second increases Movere's ability to catch and remove duplicate ARC data and increases our ability to track the progress of ARC scans.
- Office365 and Lync Column Length Fixes: We have addressed a column length issue related to data mapping for Lync and Office365 payloads, which caused delays in the processing of data. This fix heightens Movere's processing power for Lync and Office365 data, increasing both the speed of processing and the amount of data across our ever-expanding global customer ecosystem.
- Fixed an ARC start-up issue affecting customers in Finland.
- Several additional small bug fixes and feature enhancements.
NOTE: Please ensure you download the new console as soon as it is available. This console is the first in a sequence of console releases that will vastly improve the Movere scanning experience. In order to make use of these improvements, it is imperative that the new console is downloaded and implemented as soon as possible.
AD and Office365 Data Integration
We have finished AD integration with O365. Movere users can now see which on-prem AD accounts have O365 accounts or not! Manage and monitor an O365 migration… and everything in between, e.g. why are there O365 subscriptions assigned to users who are no longer active OR why are on-prem AD ‘Retired Users’ actively accessing an O365 mailbox:
Existing AD and Office365 data will integrate as part of this update.
Licensing SQL Server On Linux
Movere now supports license assignments for SQL Server on Linux, including licensing for SQL Server 2017: