Movere Guidance on Microsoft 2019 EDP Collection
The following is guidance and instructions on how to fulfill Microsoft’s 2019 EDP requirements when using Movere.
EDP requirements and process according to Microsoft:
“All engagements that will conclude, and where final payment will be requested, after January 1, 2019 will require an Established Deployment Position (EDP) be submitted as part of the POE.
The EDP will include a summary of devices, physical and virtual, that have been included in scope as part of the assessment. The EDP report can be provided in any format and should utilize the customer name_EDP naming convention.
The minimum data requirements for the EDP is outlined below:
EDP Data Requirements
- Device type — Workstation / Server
- Platform — Physical / Virtual
- Host OS
- Processor Type - Make and Model
SQL Server Version and Edition — If applicable
- Installed software — as applicable
Once the EDP is produced it can be provided to the Cloud Economics Ops Team for upload into CHIP.
Please note that the EDP should not include any Personal Identifiable Information including individuals' names, Email addresses or any specific organizational information such as, machine names, domain names, or IP Address.”
Please follow the below instructions to create the EDP requirements outlined above:
- Device\Device List – Click the “Edit Report” option to add the required columns and remove those that are unnecessary:
Add the following columns from the “Edit Report Menu” by checking the box next to the column:
- Host OS
- Total RAM (MB)
- Used RAM (MB)
- Total Storage (GB)
- Used Storage (GB)
- Software Tags
- Processor Model
Remove all unnecessary columns by unchecking the box next to the column. Once done, click the green checkmark to save your change:
Filter the Device List as applicable for the scope of the Microsoft engagement, (for example, filter on only “Active” devices). Please direct any question on engagement scope directly to Microsoft.
Export the updated Device List report by clicking the export to .csv icon in the top-right corner:
- Device\Microsoft\SQL Server\Device-Instance List – click the “Edit Report” option to remove any unnecessary columns from the view prior to exporting:
(Note: Device Name and Instance Name are required fields on the above report in Movere).
- Device\Software Installs – Export this view as-is, removing the “Preferred User” column from the .csv export per Microsoft’s requirement to remove any PII data from the EDP:
For specific editions of software installs, please export the software-specific view as applicable: