Inviting a user:
To invite a user to a Movere tenant, first navigate to the Users tab and select the correct tenant from the drop down menu:
In the bottom right corner, click the blue "+" icon:
NOTE: only Movere admin users can invite additional users. Non-admin Movere users will not see the Users tab in the Movere portal.
Enter the users email address into the invitation form, select the desired user Role and Scopes, and click "Invite":
There are two options for a Movere user's Role:
- Operator: non-admin user who cannot invite additional users, nor grant Microsoft users access to their tenant (if a customer user).
- Admin: can invite additional users and grant Microsoft users to their tenant, (if a customer user). Can also manage some tenant information on the Tenants tab. Partner admin users can invite additional users to their tenant and any of their customer tenants; customer admin users can only invite users to their own tenant.
There are several options for a Movere user's Scopes, depending on if user is a Customer or Partner user:
- Read: allows the user to view all data with their Movere tenant.
- Write: allows the user to authenticate to the cloud via the Movere console, and to upload data to Movere, (customer users only).
- Edit: allows the user to create custom data tags and perform license overrides or assignments.
Once an invitation is sent, click the hourglass icon in the bottom-right to delete or resend the invitation:
To resend an invitation, click the "Reinvite" option:
To delete an invitation, click the "Revoke" option:
NOTE: invitations will expire after 72 hours, and expired invitations can be resend per the "Reinvite" option described above.
Registration invitations are sent via email from email@example.com and contain a unique registration link:
NOTE: Please check all spam and quarantine filters, as these can sometimes redirect the registration email. Additionally, we recommend whitelisting movere.io and .io to ensure receipt of the email.
To register, click the link in the email; this will redirect to a user registration form:
All fields in the registration form are required. We highly recommend using a valid mobile phone number, as Movere will send an SMS code to verify registration. If desired, a landline number can be used to receive the SMS code via voicemail.
NOTE: The users email address will be pre-populated and cannot be changed.
The registration page includes an inline password strength indicator to guide the user’s password creation. Passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Only contain standard alpha-numeric characters and common symbols
- Be at least eight (8) characters long
- Use both upper and lowercase letters
- Include at least one number/digit
- Include at least one special character/symbol
The License/Privacy link must be selected to complete registration. Clicking on the link reveals the ‘Notice and Acceptance’ window which contains links to the following:
Once the user registers, a notification email will be sent to the user who sent the invitation.
Admin users can adjust the Role, Scopes, and status of other users on the Users tab. When hovering over a user, click the Edit icon:
Clicking the Edit icon will bring up the user's profile. The Role and Scopes can be adjusted at any time; a user must have the Read scope at an minimum.
To deactivate a user, uncheck the Active box. Deactivating a user account prevents that user from logging in to go.movere.io, (deactivation does not delete the user account). Users can be activated and deactivated at any time:
NOTE: All tenants must have at least one active admin user. The first user to register to a customer tenant will receive admin role automatically.
Granting Operator Users Access to Tenants
Admin user have access to all customer tenants under their partner account by default, whereas Operator users only have access to the tenant(s) an Admin grants them. You will specify the Operator role when inviting the user:
The Scopes are the same regardless of if a user is an Operator or an Admin. You can also downgrade a current Admin user to an Operator by editing the user’s account via the Users tab.
Once the Operator user registers, you will navigate to the Tenants tab and filter on the tenant in question, selecting the Grants option:
Selecting Grants will populate a list of all currently active Operator users. You can click the padlock icon next to any user(s) that should have access to that particular tenant, and Movere will prompt you to confirm you are granting that user access to that tenant. You can click the padlock icon again to revoke access to the tenant as well:
You must follow this process for each Operator user(s) you wish to grant access to a customer tenant, and each user must be granted access to any applicable tenant(s) individually.