Movere uses 7 variables when sizing a machine for Azure or AWS:
- CPU performance and utilization.
- RAM size and utilization.
- Number of attached storage drives.
- Number of attached NICs.
- Whether a cloud template can support the recommended storage disk (e.g., throughput and IOPs).
- Cost. Movere pulls over 100,000 price points from Azure and AWS daily, and orders from cheapest to most expensive.
- Operating System (Windows and Linux).
Additionally, Movere utilizes standard deviation, (rather than arithmetical average), when recommending a size. For example, if a machine’s CPU runs at 10% on average and, based on ARC data, Movere determines that the average plus 3 standard deviations for CPU is 25% utilization, then sizing the machine at 25% of its current capacity will satisfy the users of that machine 99% of the time.