Before scanning, Movere attempts to resolve the IP address back to a fully-qualified device name. Success depends on the customer’s network configuration, and when it is successful, Movere will use the credentials as assigned to that domain in the Movere Console. If the IP address does not resolve, then the credentials of the user running the scan will be used. Movere will not cycle through the credentials list in the hope of gaining access as this could lock out these accounts.
Articles in this section
- Uploading Files When Ports 443 & 80 Are Blocked
- Best Practices When Sending Logs to Movere
- Movere URLs and IP Addresses for Whitelisting
- Scanning Windows Workgroup Servers
- Running an inventory scan without a Console
- Creating a Custom Rescan File
- How do I configure the listener to remain open for longer?
- Installing the Movere Service
- Movere Log Files
- Actual Resource Consumption (ARC)