The Remote (WMI) option completes all scans across the network. As a result, scan time is dependent on network speed, the age and speed of the device being scanned, and the resources available on the device the Movere Console is being run from. While a .NET scan typically completes in less than 30 seconds, WMI scans can take 3-5 minutes to complete. We have on occasion scanned very old devices with very limited resources. To avoid scanning devices like these indefinitely, there is a 30 minutes timeout set in the configuration file which can be configured as needed.
Articles in this section
- What is the token.txt file and what’s in it?
- Which ports does Movere use?
- When will the website update with new scan data?
- We have decided to complete all scans using the ‘Remote (WMI) only’ option, but the scanning is progressing at a slower pace, is this normal?
- Why am I getting an insufficient memory warning?
- Can the Movere Console be run from two or more devices simultaneously?
- When Movere scans a device using the Remote WMI option, which credential(s) are used?
- If the copy process fails, is there a way to identify what’s causing the problem?
- Are .NET scan files copied to memory or disk?
- Why should we run a .NET based scans?