At least one set of credentials must be entered into the Movere Console before any scanning can be performed. Movere will only leverage the credentials entered into the console for both .NET and WMI based scans, in the order they are entered. The credentials used to log into the device the Movere Console is run from will not be used to access targeted endpoints unless they are also entered into the Movere Console. Once Movere accesses the targeted endpoint, scanning will be performed using the credentials that permitted access. If the targeted endpoint also has SQL installed then Movere will attempt to access SQL using the same credentials that permitted access to the device. If those credentials do not permit access to SQL, then Movere will attempt to access SQL using any other credentials added to the Movere Console, again in the order they are entered.
Articles in this section
- Error Message Troubleshooting
- What should I do if I don't receive the OTP authentication text message?
- What is the token.txt file and what’s in it?
- Which Ports Does Movere Use?
- How do I know Movere is not inspecting databases that contain confidential or PII data?
- When will the website update with new scan data?
- We have decided to complete all scans using the ‘Remote (WMI) only’ option, but the scanning is progressing at a slower pace, is this normal?
- Why am I getting an insufficient memory warning?
- Can the Movere Console be run from two or more devices simultaneously?
- When Movere scans a device using the Remote WMI option, which credential(s) are used?