This option will gather objects from the Active Directory domain(s) selected on the ‘Domains’ tab, including computers, users and trusts. This data forms the foundation of the inventory process.
If this option is selected, Movere will attempt to scan each Windows device object, matching the selected device criteria (Servers and/or Workstations), within each domain.
IMPORTANT: If the targeted domain(s) contain a large number of stale Windows device objects, then we recommend not checking this option and using the first scan to only extract Active Directory data only. Movere will process the Active Directory data it collects to identify the active Windows device objects within each domain. Using the Rescan option, Movere will only target the Windows devices identified as active i.e. not disabled, not a cluster account, having a last login timestamp and/or password reset within the past 31 days. This approach will reduce the overall scanning time by minimizing the number of attempts made to connect to devices that no longer exist.
Use this option if you:
- limited your initial scan to an Active Directory extraction only (the recommended approach),
- are targeting devices not captured during a previous scan; or
- are targeting devices previously inventoried to update your inventory data or to reflect changes made to your environment.
- All: Movere will target active Windows Servers and Workstations not previously inventoried as well as those not inventoried within the past 31 days.
- Servers: Identical to the ‘All’ option except that Movere will only target devices with a Windows Server operating system.
- Workstations: Identical to the ‘All’ option except that Movere will only target devices with a Windows Workstation operating system.
- Browse for rescan file: The data Movere collects can be instantly pivoted on hundreds of dimensions giving users the ability to immediately identify devices of interest. Selecting the Rescan option on the website generates a targeting file containing the name(s) of the devices the user is focused on. Using this option the user can browse to the rescan file generated from the website and initiate a scan of those specific systems.
NOTE: Changing the rescan option after the rescan file has been downloaded will not affect the actual list of devices. You will need to download the file again if you want to modify the list.